Business Mentor Team
Business Owners and Operators
It’s great to be in business, right? You know everything you need to be successful. If you think that, you probably won’t be in business for long or, at best, you’ll only achieve a certain level of success far below your potential. “All of us are smarter than one of us,” is a statement often used in mentor groups or peer advisory boards.
This week Ray and Zen speak with two dynamic and successful business leaders who are part of the Business Mentor Team, a group of successful business owners/operators that volunteer time to help mentor small businesses. Allan Himmelstein and Rich Murphy share their enthusiasm for and understanding of small business challenges. The Business Mentor Team mission: to provide small business owners/operators access to people and resources to develop and grow, both personally and professionally.
Did you know there are over 500,000 small businesses in Arizona alone? Forbes announced there are roughly 28 million companies in America, 22 million of them have 1 employee or less. If you were one of the latter, wouldn’t you want a little help to grow? Perhaps not. You might be happy with the level of business you have now. If not, then you’ll want to lend an ear to the discussion The Guys have with Allan and Rich. It will be well worth your time.
There are many aspects to the Business Mentor Team program. Technology allows them to serve just about anywhere. You’ll want to visit their website to find more specifics or get involved. As a potential mentee, you’ll find the process a bit more rigorous than you might expect. There are in-depth assessments that are included to not only understand yourself and your business better, but to assist in aligning you with the most appropriate mentor.
Interested in becoming a Mentee? Here’s how it works…
The mentoring cycle includes 9 steps:
- Candidate request a Discovery Session to learn more about program and how it works (the Discovery Session is free)
- Candidate completes Discovery Session Questionnaire & completes Tri Metrix ™ Evaluation
- Discovery Session with a Mentor
- If accepted into the program, a Mentor is matched with the Mentee using the information from the Discovery Session, Tri Metrix, the Mentors business skills and background along with the Mentors Tri Metrix
- Mentor & Mentee attend kickoff meeting and reach agreement on goals
- Mentor & Mentee have regular meetings
- Mentor reviews progress monthly with entire Mentor Team. Mentee completes mid point survey on status which is reviewed by the Mentor Team
- End of 6 month cycle results in graduation, Mentor final review and Mentee final survey
- Mentee can request one more mentoring cycle and the process picks up at step 4.
If you’ve considered getting help, this particular methodology is one of the more robust The Guys have found. If you’ve had the experience of a mentor team please share in the comments section. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to share. Enjoy the show!